48 Hours


In a matter of two days, so much has happened in my life. I’ve graduated high school, been to project grad, held a kid’s choir party, went to my best friend’s grad party, and had my kitten die all in the matter of 48 hours.

These past two days have been full of so much, in fact it feels quite surreal. It doesn’t feel like I graduated two days

"This is the last time I'll talk to you as a 'high school senior'."

ago. In all reality, it feels more like two years.

As I stood under the bleachers Friday night, a friend and I waited until the clock clicked over to seven o’clock on her

Droid. It felt strange as I heard 376 other students walk out of the tunnel with me with gravel crunching underneath our feet. As  I marched out on the feel, I wished I had had my camera or any camera. It was a picture perfect moment.

I listened intently for all my friends graduation speeches, and eventually I got to receive my diploma. And other than the fact that my hat almost fell off, I received it with perfect grace. No falls, no trips, no grass monsters reached to grab my feet in front of 3,000 people. I definitely thanked God he didn’t let the grass monster get me.

The family & I after the ceremony

Other than the graduation ceremony itself, the rest of these few hours have seemed like a blur. I spent six hours being delirious with some of my closest friends. I’ve slept maybe ten hours in these two days due to such a hectic schedule.

My kid’s choir had their end of the year party with the key element being water. Since the weather finally feels like May, we silly stringed and slip-slided for the entire party. I ended up being a soapy mess with random bits of silly string stuck on me. However, the kids had fun which made it all worth it.

“Try to realize it's all within yourself no one else can make you change, and to see you're only very small and life flows on within you and without you.” ~George Harrison

The rest of Saturday came and went with too much food and all of my friends. When I got

home, I was more than exhausted but I noticed something was missing. What was missing you might ask? Harrison. My friend and I had rescued four kittens not a week earlier, and I kept one.

She was quite adorable, and I named her Harrison after George Harrison from the Beatles. As I arrived home, my

headlights shined on my dog and my other cat, and when I got out I didn’t hear her loud yowl.

I looked for everywhere, and eventually drug myself inside. It turns out today I discovered she met an untimely fate with the back wheel of my dad’s car. He accidentally ran over yesterday.

Despite all these events, my life still feels surreal. I am waiting on it to sink in but none of it has thus far. Perhaps, it will take longer than 48 hours.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s